Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Thanksgiving in Phoenix, Arizona.

As always I am very late with my photographic workflow. Life has just been forever chaotic since I finished my MFA degree at the School of Visual Arts in May of 2008. In regards to my professional uncertainty, at least I see the end in sight. I have almost completed my MA in English Education from CUNY Brooklyn College. Once that is over I'll be a full-time teacher with plenty of time to catch up and work through all of my artwork.

Eric Dye relaxing outside of his house.

These photos were taken around Thanksgiving, 2008. I was visiting my Uncle Eric and Aunt Anne for the holiday. While I didn't do too much sightseeing I did try to make some images. I think the captions that go along with my work explain the thought behind the snap, but mostly these were just fun photos.



More news! I am going to be in an upcoming group show at Hiding Gallery. The show will be combined with a party on the night of January 29th, 2009. Theme-wise, this show is drastically more open than the last one I participated in. The write up for the show describes it in the following manner, "The title NO HANDS is subject to definition by the risks surrounding us, the risks we take and everyday encounters. Using the format and medium of photography, NO HANDS is open for a broad range of interpretation." All of the nitty-gritty facts on the show, including directions, artists and volunteering information can be found here.



The curator, Joe Jagos, is a good friend of mine. I want everyone to know that he has put a lot of hard work into the success of this show and of his gallery. I really respect people like Joe because he is attempting to build this gallery from the ground up. A lot of people talk about doing great things but never make the attempt at doing anything. Those of us that live in New York are slightly different because many of us moved to the city in order to accomplish something. None of us have much money, or are successful art stars but Joe is spending his free time physically building the gallery's walls, organizing his friend's artworks together into a cohesive show, promoting the event to ensure people attend and on top of all that, throwing a kick ass party. I hope to see everyone there.

Until my next update...

No comments: