Friday, June 5, 2009

High School Girl's Softball

Once again I've been shooting for Five Boro Sports. They are great guys to work with and I admit, it's always fun to shoot the kids, especially now that I'm on my way towards working in a high school as a teacher.



While it may not be the most glamorous job, high school sports are at least very fun to do and the access I receive at these events is way more than I could ever hope for with pro-sports. It seems to me that in the Internet Age more and more corporations are going to be doing their own media promotion. Both the National Football League and Major League Baseball are perfect examples. Both have total control over the use of images that photographers take at their games as well as strong media arms that promote the sports in house, on their websites. The NFL has taken it a step further by forcing newspaper photographers to wear vests with advertisements on them, while shooting the games. The NFL has also refused to allow unconditional use of images to newspapers that they once did allow. Basically, as mass media looses readership, corporations are learning they themselves can fill this gap. The point here being, that while high school or college sports are no where near as prominent as professional sports, at least I don't have to deal with the bureaucratic machines that these higher level sports teams have become.



Check out the whole article on the game here. Or from the loosing perspective here.

Last but not least, here is my gallery of shots, and Five Boro's gallery of shots.


Next week I'm going up to Buffalo. Hopefully I'll be able to shoot a project there I have been trying to get done for six months. Keep you posted.

No comments: